Douglas: partner program guide
About this guide
This is a ChannelEngine guide on the Düsseldorf-based channel Douglas. Here you can find information on how to request a Douglas account, how to configure this channel on ChannelEngine, what the specific requirements are, and more.
Table of contents
|Area served (orders)|| Austria, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands
|Percentage of the purchase price||depends on the category|
|Payment||within 30 days|
|Product categories||fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and health (supplements and nutrition)|
|Input language||Dutch, German, Polish|
|Input currency||EUR, PLN|
|Minimum number of SKUs||no|
|Profile on ChannelEngine|| Douglas
To start selling on Douglas, fill the contact form on their corporate website. Note that ChannelEngine only supports Douglas' B2C logistics setup.
When in touch with an employee from Douglas, make sure to mention that you are working with ChannelEngine.
Douglas does not charge any setup or monthly fees, but it does charge a percentage. The exact percentage is negotiated per partner.
|Product offers (EAN matching)||Cancelations (channel)|
|Product content (limited HTML support)||Returns (channel)|
|Cancelations (merchant, only full cancelations)|
|Shipments (carrier mapping)|
|Product variations (size or color)|
Setting up each channel on ChannelEngine follows the same flow, once you add the channel:
- Go through the Setup
- Create a Product selection
- Complete the Categorization
- Set up the Mappings: content, offers, and carriers
- Configure the Pricing: rules and currency conversion
- Finish the Activation
- Check the Listed products overview
Once your partner account is active, your Mirakl shop ID can be found in the Douglas back-end, under My account > Settings.
To find your API key, go to your account name in the top right corner and select API key in the left-hand side menu.
Add your Douglas credentials to ChannelEngine, under the Setup section.
As Douglas does support repricing, the Mirakl seller name on the marketplace* field must be filled in.
* This field is shown across all Mirakl-based channels on ChannelEngine. However, Douglas is a partner program – not a marketplace.
Categorization is mandatory if you want to create or update existing product information on Douglas. Both categorizations and mappings only result in updates if the content connection is enabled, and the relevant credentials have been entered (see the Setup section).
Douglas does not have a long list of required attributes. However, as always, it is highly recommended to map as much content as possible. The more content an offer has, the higher its chances to convert.
All products (required)
- Basis Verpackungsmenge (Base number of content units) - base unit for base price calculation according to Germany's price indication ordinance (PAngV).
- Bild 1 (Image 1) - the URL of the product's main image. The supported formats are TIFF and JPEG, and the resolution must be 1,063x1,063 px. The maximum file size is 5 MB, and the file must be named according to the product's EAN. E.g.: 3614272508224.tif.
- Brand - the brand or manufacturer of the product.
- EAN - the 13-digit European article number (EAN).
- Name (Basis) - used to show the product name on the PDP, in combination with classification or brand line.
- Name (Variante) - for color variants, the name must be the color variant name. For size variants, the name must be the size variant name. If both variations exist, group by size rather than color. If there is no variant, use the Name (Basis) attribute.
- Variant group code - defines which variants share a single base product. Map it to the EAN if it is a single variant, or to the SKU if it is one of many.
- Verpackungseinheit (Content unit) - describes the entity of the Number content unit. E.g: cm, m, g, kg, ml, l, pieces, pair, etc.
- Verpackungsmenge (Number content unit) - describes the quantity of the content unit. E.g.: 50.
- Product family - the product's category.
Different product categories may have different required attributes, including Ingredients for food, nutritional products and cosmetics, WEEE number for electrical products, etc. Make sure to check the required attributes under each category.
All products (optional)
Optional fields include the Beschreibung (Description), Bild 2-5 (Image), Awendung (Instructions), etc. Although they are optional, it is highly recommended to map them if possible.
The only mandatory offer mapping is Price, which is your buying price. As Douglas is the legal seller of the products in the platform, they are responsible for all prices. Therefore, changes to these can be requested by Douglas.
Attributes such as Leadtime to shipment (the number of days before you ship the item), Logistic class (your optional shipping class), Offer state (the condition of your item), and Minimum quantity alert (so you receive a notification if the stock drops below a certain threshold) are common for Mirakl mappings.
Working with discounts
- Do not leave the Discount end date attribute unmapped. If you want to set a permanent discount, use a date in the far future instead. Otherwise the offer is not exported, and errors are shown under the Validation and feedback tab.
- If your discounted price is not lower than the base price, it is not exported.
- If you do not want to set a bulk discount, leave the Discount quantity threshold attribute unmapped – otherwise the export is broken.
- If you do want to set a bulk discount, the Discount quantity threshold must be set to a value higher than 1. E.g.: a value of 2 indicates that two or more of the product must be purchased at the same time for the buyer to benefit from the discount.
Unlike most channels, Douglas works exclusively with DHL in Germany and Poland. Therefore, you must ship all German orders via DHL. It is also mandatory to include a delivery note, return instructions (printed in landscape format), and pre-printed DHL return label in the parcel. Additionally, orders must be shipped within 1-3 days.
Returns are handled in a different way in Poland. Customers are able to generate return labels on their own websites, and parcels are returned to Douglas' Polish warehouse – which then ships them in bulk to its partners.
Shipping via different carriers is possible in different countries. For more information on the supported carriers per country, check out the Douglas Partner Portal.
Douglas requires the prices to be submitted in EUR, except for Poland. If you do not have pricing attributes in EUR or PLN, you need to set a currency conversion.
If you have problems with products not appearing on Douglas (especially if you are trying to create products that do not exist yet), check the Listed products section for more information.
You can either filter on Channel status (Invalid for all products that ChannelEngine has not exported, such as products with an empty EAN or products that currently do not exist on Douglas) or use the Validation and feedback tab to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. Also, as Douglas uses the Mirakl framework, you can see detailed status reports in their back-end. These reports contain specific errors if a product or product offer cannot be created.
The reports can be found under My inventory > Import from file > Track offer imports/Track product imports. By hovering over the 'i' under the Status section, you can see how many products in the file were processed correctly and how many had errors, etc.
If there are errors, the last column shows a downloadable file in which they are listed. The same goes for the product file import, but this can contain multiple files because processing goes through several systems. There is also a manual check of your submitted content, which, once approved, goes to staging as well. Note that you need to map as much as possible to prevent products from not being created.
- Can I cancel orders?
- Can I accept return/refund requests?
- Can I delete an offer from Douglas?
- Where can I find more information on Douglas' partner program?
Although partners are allowed canceling orders, only full cancelations are supported.
Although partners are allowed processing returns and refunds, and partial returns and refunds are supported, no goodwill refunds on the price level are allowed.
No, deleting offers is not possible on Douglas. To remove an offer, set its stock to zero.
Douglas has a comprehensive portal for partners available online.