Magento 2.x integration
To connect your Magento 2 shop to ChannelEngine, you can install our Magento module. This guide will explain how to install the plugin after receiving the plugin from ChannelEngine.
--- Magento 2 integration features
|Product data||External fulfillment orders|
|Orders||Returns (only supported by Magento commerce cloud / Enterprise editions)|
There are several requirements to install the ChannelEngine Magento extension:
- Magento 2.0 or higher (2.2 or higher is recommended)
- Access to the Magento admin
--- Downloading the extension
You can find the Magento extension in its various forms here. Select the package / method you want to use and download it.
An easy guide to installing a Magento plugin as a zip file can be found here.
--- Integrate with ChannelEngine
Our Magento 2 module uses the new Magento 2 integrations feature. This will make integrating with ChannelEngine both easy and fast.
- Install the extension through composer or the web installer
- After installing go to System > Integrations, our ChannelEngine integration should be listed there.
- Click on “Activate“, this will prompt you with the different endpoints that we request to use. In this screen, click the orange “Allow“ button.
- A popup will open. If you are not yet logged in in ChannelEngine, this popup will direct you to the ChannelEngine login page. Use your ChannelEngine account to log in.
- Optional: In case you have multiple ChannelEngine environments, a screen will be shown to select the ChannelEngine environment that you want to integrate with.
- Optional: In case you have multiple store views, a screen will be shown that allows you to select the store view that you want to integrate with.
As soon as you’ve successfully connected your Magento to ChannelEngine, a Magento merchant plugin should be created in ChannelEngine.
- You can find this in your main dashboard on the left-hand side.
- Select it to open the settings for the plugin.
- All settings should already be entered under 'Setup' by the integration flow from Magento, but please double-check if the correct 'Store URL' and 'Store View Code' are filled in.
- If so, you can activate the Magento 2 plugin by pressing the 'Activate synchronisation for Magento' toggle.
- Once activated, tasks for importing and exporting data will automatically be scheduled and executed. You can see the latest performed and scheduled of these tasks in the 'Dashboard' tab of the plugin settings.
- If you run into issues during any of these steps, please contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.