Bol.com: how do I group product variants?
When creating new content for bol.com you might have products that come in several variants, like several sizes of a t-shirt, several sizes of a pair of shoes, or a mobile phone cover in 5 different colors, you might want to have them all selectable as an option on a product page. To 'group' these together (so the other variants can be selected from the same product page), Bol.com requires them to be marked in the same "product family". More information on product families can be found on bol.com's website.
There are a few requirements for making a product family.
Before you can group variants of the same product in one family, there are some requirements that need to be met:
- All products in the 'family' have a unique EAN on bol.com.
- All products are categorized on product type and have their minimal required product information filled.
- Products must have the same brand.
- All products have an attribute that is defining for the family (like size or color) correctly filled in.
Once this is the case you will need to map the 'Productvariant ID' which can be found under 'Content mappings > All products'.
Currently, it's not possible to disconnect a variant from its family through the API, if this for whatever reason is what you desire then this will have to be done manually through your bol.com seller dashboard.
- Select a product in "Mijn artikelen"
- Click on "Bewerk varianten"
- Click the "Ontkoppel" button.