--- Commercial info
|Active in:||France (as well as Switzerland, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Brazil and Portugal)|
|Monthly visitors:||~ 12 million|
|Commission:||€39.90 monthly + 6-16% commission per sale (category dependent)|
|Payment:||Paid automatically every 10 days|
|Product categories:||Electronics, Games, Media, Books, Home & Garden and more|
|Input language:||French (but also depends on the selected countries)|
--- How to request an account + costs
Selling online on FNAC is an easy and effective way to reach millions of potential buyers. Whether you have to sell a little or sell a lot, FNAC provides you the required tools and experience to sell online successfully. Read more about the benefits and advantages of being a professional seller on FNAC. FNAC is an 'open' marketplace so everyone can request an account, requesting a seller account can be done here. Please read the terms of service before requesting an account, you can find the specific commission for each category as well in article 2.5: http://www4.fnac.com/Help/cgv-fnac-marketplace?NID=-11&RNID=-11&bl=foot
Creating an account is free, but there is a monthly fee of € 39.99 (excl VAT) even if nothing is sold. Additionally, FNAC charges an extra commission for products sold. The commission percentage varies depending on the type of product. (6-16%).
--- Channel Features
|Product content||External fulfillment|
|Orders|| Product variations (sizes / colors) - will be added in the future
|Shipments (including carrier mapping)||Full returns|
--- Channel setup
Setting up every channel in ChannelEngine follows the same steps / flow:
- Adding the channel
- Filling in the required settings on the 'Setup' tab
- Creating a product selection
- Categorising the selected products (necessary for creating new content on channels)
- Setting up the mapping (content / offer / carrier)
- Configuring the pricing (applying price rules / currency conversion)
- Activating the channel (this enables all tasks like exporting product information and importing orders)
- The 'Listed Product' overview (here you can see the status of a product, what we exported and the response from the channel).
--- Specific FNAC settings/configuration
FNAC uses a hybrid solution for their marketplace, using the 'Mirakl'-platform (which is also used by Blokker, Coolshop, fonQ, Wupti, etc) for content handling and a custom system for order handling. Therefore some more credentials are required as for other marketplaces.
- The Mirakl API Key - The API key can be found by selecting your account name in the top right corner and selecting ‘API key’ in the left side menu.
- The Mirakl shop Id - This can be found in the FNAC backend. Go to 'My Account' > 'Settings'. It will be displayed at the top next to 'My shop account'. This will usually be a number between 1000 and 100000.
The FNAC Shop Id - This id can be found in your FNAC account
Is qualified seller? - Enable this if you are a qualified seller (and are allowed to create or update content) - if you are not, you can not use the mappings for example.
- Relais Collis client Id - If you use this as your carrier / shipment method, please fill in your client Id. If you use a different carrier (like PostNL, DPD, GLS, DHL, Fedex) this can remain empty.
If you want to create or update content (like for your products that are currently unknown on FNAC): Please 'map' your own categories to the category list from FNAC. Please note that their category list is in French and no English (or other language) variant is available at the moment, so you might need a tool like Google translate / Deepl for finding the right category if you are not a French-speaker. To see all possible FNAC categories, use the "Browse" button on the lower left hand corner of the 'Categorisation' page.
When creating new content for FNAC only a few attributes are mandatory under 'All products' - please note that column names come directly from FNAC and are in French:
- Constructeur Vendeur - name of the manufacturer / name of the brand
- EAN - EAN / GTIN
- Libellé - the name of the product / product title
- SKU - the SKU / merchant product number
- Visuel Principal - the main image for your product
The additional attributes are all meant for extra product images (FNAC has a maximum amount of 4 product images in total).
Some required attributes will be visible on the mappings for the individual product types. These additional required and optional attributes (like the "Description complémentaire" - description) will be mappable here. This is also were you can set attributes like color, size, material and the target audience.
NOTE: Product description has a limit of 255 characters. Descriptions exceeding this limit won't be published.
It is mandatory to map 2 offer attributes: price (before price rules) and the product state. Please note that your conditions (product state) will have to be mapped to the specific allowed values from FNAC. The possible values are:
- Collection product as new
- Collection product in correct state
- Collection product in good state
- Collection product in very good state
- Product is new
- Product is refurbished
- Used product in correct state
- Used product as new
- Used product in good state
- Used product in very good state
There are also some other optional attributes you can map, like the amount of extra days for shipping (but the default maximum allowed shipping time is 25 days).
Carrier mapping is mandatory for FNAC. They use a small list of selected carriers that are allowed. If your carrier is not in this list, please map to 'Other' in order to have shipments successfully submitted to FNAC.
If you want to sell on the FNAC marketplace and you use a default currency other than EUR, you can use a currency conversion to convert prices to Euro's.
It is possible to use price rules for your products, repricing is not possible for FNAC
Please note that all required credentials for FNAC will be needed in order to activate the channel.
--- Channel specific F.A.Q / issues
- Why are the mappings blank?
If you are not a 'qualified seller' (and / or didn't enable this setting on the Setup page) a lot of features of FNAC are not available. This includes any content creation or updating. Therefore if this setting is not enabled, you will not see any products on the 'Content mappings' page even though you created a product selection and categorised these products.