Wayfair marketplace guide
Commercial info / quick info:
|Active Countries:||United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany|
|Active customers/Users per month:||15 Million / 55 million users per month|
|Product categories:||Furniture, decor, decorative accents , housewares, seasonal decor/garden and other home goods.|
|Input currency:||Depending on target country|
How to get an account:
In order to request a supplier account for Wayfair, you can follow this link. Fill out all the required information and submit it to Wayfair. Please note that Wayfair depends a lot on dropship suppliers for their business. So if you plan to sell on Wayfair, you will have to look into Wayfairs dropship business model - they do not offer their own logistic fulfillment service such as Amazon or Bol.com do.
|Product offers||Product content|
|Carrier mapping (if enabled)||Returns|
|Content / Offer Mappings|
Wayfair currently does not support any automated content connection (you'll need to manually submit a content file in the Wayfair backend to create products), nor advanced order actions such as returns or cancellations. These will have to be handled manually or through Wayfairs customer service.
Setting up Wayfair
Setting up every channel in ChannelEngine follows the same basic steps / flow, which can be found below. Any channel specific settings or exceptions will be listed in the ' Specific Wayfair settings / configurations'
- Adding the channel
- Filling in the required settings on the 'Setup' tab
- Creating a product selection
- Carrier Mapping (only if you enabled your own carrier in Setup, otherwise this tab will not be visible)
Configuring the pricing(Wayfair doesn't support any automated price export, so it isn't actually used)
- Activating the channel (this enables all tasks like exporting product information and importing orders)
- The 'Listed Product' overview (here you can see the status of a product, what we exported and the response from the channel)
Specific Wayfair settings / configuration
ChannelEngine requires several settings in order to make all features of Wayfair work:
- FTP host - By default the correct host will already be entered (ftp://edi.wayfair.com/)
- FTP username - the username Wayfair has supplied you for their FTP-server, it will usually consist of something like 'EDI_COMPANYNAME'.
- FTP password - the password belonging to the FTP-server credentials.
- Supplier ID - your Wayfair supplier ID
- Send using Wayfair's carrier account - enable this option if you want to use Wayfair's selected carrier. However, if you have your own logistical partner (which usually is the case), leave this option disabled and use the carrier mapping to set your own carrier.
If you want to use own carrier(s) for shipping Wayfair orders, you will need to set up carrier mapping (in this scenario, please make sure the checkbox ' Send using Wayfair's carrier account' is not enabled!). This is mandatory, as Wayfair only accepts their specific carrier codes.
As the codes Wayfair use are pretty vague, you can find an overview with the full carrier name below
|Carrier Name||Carrier Code (in CE)|
|DHL Freight Deutschland||DFDE|
|DHL Freight Network||DFFN|
|DHL Home Delivery GmbH||DHWG|
|DHL Paket Deutschland||DHDE|
|DHL Paket UK||DHUK|
|DHL Parcel UK||UKML|
|DX Freight - 1 Man||NIDW|
|GEL Express Logistik GmbH||GEL1|
|GLS - UK||GLUK|
|GLS - DE||GLDE|
|Hermes Einrichtungs Service||HRMS|
|IDS Logistik GmbH||IDS|
|LGT Logistics A/S||LGTL|
|Network 4 - 2 man||NWUK|
|Rhenus Home Delivery||RSHD|
|Rhenus Poland [FN]||RHPLFN|
|Supplier shipping in own trucks||SSOA|
|SUUS Logistics SA||SUUS|
|UPS - DE||UPDE|
|UPS - UK||UPUK|
If your carrier (such as PostNL or BPost) is not listed above, you are advised to use 'SSOA' as a carrier method.
Please note: next to the mandatory settings as displayed in the Activation overview, Wayfair also requires you to fill in your invoice settings. This is due to the fact that in order to ship items at Wayfair, an invoice has to be included in the export.