Miinto marketplace guide
--- Commercial Info
|Active countries:||The Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Switzerland|
|Visitors per month:||> 2 million|
|Commission:|| € 96,- + 20% commission per sale
|Input language (title + description):||Depends on the selected countries|
|Input currency||Depends on the selected countries|
--- How to request an account + costs
Miinto works with partner "boutiques", where your products can be offered in a sort of mini shop, but also on the main website. To become such a boutique, you need to contact Miinto via firstname.lastname@example.org. The specific requirements your shop need to comply too, are unfortunately not public. Once you are accepted as a seller, you can start using the Miinto plugin in ChannelEngine.
The costs for using Miinto are pretty high, as they are a fixed € 96,- a month + 20% commission on every sale through Miinto. Next to that, you might be charged a one-time startup fee (officially € 650,-). Depending on the size of your shop however, these fees may be negotiable.
--- Channel features
|Product offers (EAN-matching)||External fulfilment|
|Product content (no HTML / no formatting via /r/n)|| Repricing
|Product variations (sizes / colors)|| Returns / Refunds
| Shipments (including carrier-mapping)
--- Channel setup
Setting up every channel in ChannelEngine follows the same steps/flow:
- Adding the channel
- Filling in the required settings on the 'Setup' tab
- Creating a product selection
- Categorising the selected products (necessary for creating new content on channels)
- Setting up the mapping (content / offer / carrier)
- Configuring the pricing (applying price rules / currency conversion)
- Activating the channel (this enables all tasks like exporting product information and importing orders)
- The 'Listed Product' overview (here you can see the status of a product, what we exported and the response from the channel).
--- Specific Miinto settings/configuration
Miinto only requires 2 settings to be entered in order to make a connection:
- Miinto username
- Miinto password
These credentials are the same as the credentials for your Miinto-account (so email + password).
Miinto uses a basic (English) category tree where only leaf nodes can be used as a category. The categorisation is gender-neutral, but you can map if the target audience for a product is for men, women or unisex later in the content mapping.
For Miinto 8 attributes are required and 4 are optional. There are no category-specific mappings necessary.
- Brand - the name of the brand of your product.
- Color - the (main) color of your product.
- Description - the main description of your product in the language of the Miinto plugin / country. So for Miinto.nl this has to be in Dutch, for Miinto.dk this has to be Danish, etc.
- Name - the main title / name of your product in the language of the Miinto plugin / country. So for Miinto.nl this has to be in Dutch, for Miinto.dk this has to be Danish, etc. Please note that this must not contain item size, color and brand name.
- Gender - the sex of the target audience of your product. Possible options are 'Male', 'Female' and 'Unisex'.
- Item group id - this is the identifier to group products on. Usually, this would be the "Parent sku" in ChannelEngine.
- Main image - the main image for your product.
- Size - the size of your product.
- Additional image - a secondary image for your product.
- Material - the material composition of your product. For example: "92% cotton, 8% elastane".
- Season tag - the (fashion) season of your product. Select 'NOOS' (Never Out of Season) if the product is not limited to a specific season, PRESS = Pre Spring Summer, SS = Spring Summer, PREAW = Pre Autumn-Winter, AW = Autumn-Winter + Last 2 digits of the year. So if an item is from the summer 2019 collection, the correct option would be SS19.
- Washing - the washing instruction for your product. For example: "Normal; wash at 40 degrees".
There are no offer mappings with the exception of the sale price attribute (where price rules can be applied to). Miinto has support for "Discount retail prices", but this is determined automatically based on your ChannelEngine Catalog Price attribute and Price attribute. Please note that for Miinto prices are exported in cents, so should you open a product feed the prices are multiplied by a 100 (without decimals).
There is no attribute to set your delivery time on, Miinto has a maximum delivery time of 7 days after the initial order was placed.
Miinto only allows a very limited specific list of carriers if you are not using Miinto's own shipping provider, with specific carrier labels. Therefore carrier mapping is mandatory for your own fulfillment / carrier. If you are missing your main carrier in the list, please contact Miinto to have them add a new 'NO-INTEGRATION'-carrier for you.
Miinto requires the prices to be submitted in the currency of the country of the Miinto plugin (in cents). The conversion to a cent price is done automatically, however, you will need to set a currency conversion if your currency is different from the Mirakl plugin. So if you are having prices in EUR, no conversion is needed for miinto.be and miinto.nl, but conversion is needed to DKK for miinto.dk.
Should you have problems with products not appearing on Miinto, you can always check the ListedProduct section for more information.
You can either filter on the 'Channel status' ("Invalid" for all products that we haven't exported, for example, products with an empty EAN) or use the 'Validation and feedback' to see all known validation/feedback errors for specific products. There is no advanced feedback from Miinto, so details may be limited.
--- Channel-specific F.A.Q / issues
- Is it possible to create a return or cancellation for Miinto via ChannelEngine?
At this time the new V2 API from Miinto does not support these actions. The only way to perform a cancellation or register a refund / return is via the Miinto customer service (https://www.miinto.[cTLD]/contact, so for NL it's https://www.miinto.nl/contact, for DK it's https://www.miinto.dk/contact).
- Why doesn't the Miinto order number match the channel order number in ChannelEngine?
We use Miinto's own "SplitId" instead of the "OrderId" that's visible in the Miinto backend because the SplitId is the unique reference for your part of the order. It's possible when shopping at Miinto to order multiple products offered by multiple 'boutiques' on 1 order number. This is why we can't use that order number for exporting shipments etc as is the case at other marketplaces. Therefore, we need to use the SplitId which is different than the order number visible in Miinto. The regular order number is stored as 'extra information' however, so you could use that to match the order if necessary.