Real.de marketplace guide
How to request an account + costs
Specific Real.de settings/configuration
Channel-specific F.A.Q / issues
|Visitors per month||~ 19 million|
|Commission||€39,95 each month + percentage (6,5 - 12,5%, depending on the category)|
|Payment:|| ~ 21 days after shipment
| Product categories:
||40+ - Electronics, domestic appliances, toys, clothing etc|
|Input language (titles + descriptions):||German|
Real.de is a partially open marketplace. A seller can easily create an account but there are some requirements for becoming a seller:
- A seller is required to have their main office in the EU or Switzerland, small unregistered companies will be refused.
- Real.de maintains strict requirements regarding customer service. Because Real.de is a German marketplace, it is expected that all communication is performed in German. This means that product information has to be provided in German and that customer support inquiries also have to be answered in German. Not meeting these requirements might mean being removed from the Real.de marketplace.
- Real.de also maintains a very strict policy with regard to cancellations. If the percentage of cancellations is between 1% and 2,99%, you will be fined with 5% of the total amount of the canceled transactions. If the cancel rate is 3% or higher you will be fined 10% of the total amount of canceled transactions and Real.de might cancel your account if this occurs more than once.
If you feel you can meet these terms and conditions, you can create an account for Real here. Real charges a monthly fee of 39,95 per month, next to the commission on sold products (percentage depending on the type of product). Specific commission percentages can be found here. During the account creation, you can set up your own 'shop' in Real with your own company logo and the option to set promotions. To include a link to your own website, you will be charged an additional monthly fee of €9,95.
| Product offers (EAN / GTIN matching)
|Product content (new products)||Cancellations (merchant)|
|Cancellations (channel)||Product variations (sizes / colors)|
| Returns ( merchant* & channel)
* = To use merchant returns for Real, you will need to enable Real's return service in the Real backend and this is currently only available for sellers with a warehouse in Germany. The alternative solution is that a merchant refund is submitted (which will still lead to the buyer getting his money back).
Setting up every channel in ChannelEngine follows the same steps / flow:
- Adding the channel
- Filling in the required settings on the 'Setup' tab
- Creating a product selection
- Categorising the selected products (necessary for creating new content on channels)
- Setting up the mapping (content / offer / carrier)
- Configuring the pricing (applying price rules / currency conversion)
- Activating the channel (this enables all tasks like exporting product information and importing orders)
- The 'Listed Product' overview (here you can see the status of a product, what we exported and the response from the channel).
ChannelEngine requires both a public and private API-key in order to communicate with Real. You can retrieve these API keys from https://www.real.de/seller/apisettings/
Next to the API keys, there are 3 more settings you can enable or disable:
- Use old way of handling orders - by default, Real will create a separate order line for every product. So if a quantity of 4 is ordered for a product, this would result in 4 orderlines with the same product all with quantity 1. For some systems this can cause issues, so if you enable this option the 'old way' is used, which means that orderlines are grouped on MerchantProductNo. In that scenario, if a quantity of 4 is ordered for a product, this would result in 1 orderline with the product with a quantity of 4.
- Use the Real return service and merchant returns - enable this if you want the option to create merchant returns for Real. Please note: this can only be used if you enabled the Real return system in the Real.de seller backend and are a German domestic seller. Otherwise, these type of returns will not be accepted by Real.de.
To enable the Real return system, Go to the Real.de seller dashboard and Navigate to 'Shop Einstellungen' > 'Retouren' > toggle 'Bei Rückgabewunsch soll das real.de-Retouresystem genutzt werden.'
The direct link to this page is https://www.real.de/seller/sellersettings/retoure/.
If you are not a domestic seller (don't enable the option listed below) but have this setting enabled, a cancellation refund is created instead.
Merchant is domestic seller - enable this only if you have a warehouse in Germany and can be considered a German domestic seller. If this is enabled and so is the 'Use the Real return service and merchant returns' option, the Real.de return system will be used. Otherwise, If the use merchant returns option is enabled, but this option is off - a cancellation refund is created instead.
Please 'map' your own categories to the category list from Real. Please note that their category list is in German and no English variant is available, so you might need a tool like Google Translate for finding the right category if you do not speak German.
In comparison with other channels, Real.de does not have a lot of required product attributes. There are a few mandatory attributes for creating content:
- Description (Beschreibung): The main product description.
- Product Image (Bild): The location (URL) of the primary product image. As usual for marketplaces, this is the main image of your product without any background or 'sphere' scenery.
- EAN: The EAN for your product.
- Manufacturer (Hersteller): This is the brand or manufacturer of the product.
- Product Name (Titel): The name or product title of the item.
A few product type or category based required attributes are:
- Length (Länge): The length of your product.
- Material (Materialzusammensetzung): The material composition for your product.
There are also some optional attributes you can map (the more content you submit / the higher quality of your product information, the higher the conversion will be). A few examples with an explanation of where the attributes are for:
- Additional categories (Zusätzliche Kategorien): You can add additional categories to this field if your product(s) also complies with other categories.
- Vendor product number (Herstellernummer): The is the unique identifier for the product as known by the manufacturer.
- Short description (Kurzbeschreibung): A short description of your product.
- Extra images (Zusätzliches Bild [x]): Extra image URL for your product images.
You can find detailed content guidelines for Real.de on their website: https://www.real.de/produktdaten/guideline/.
There are a few required and optional offer attributes:
- Maximum delivery time (days): this is the maximum amount of working days before an order will reach the buyer. Please be aware that you only enter numeric values, like 1 or 2 or 5.
- Minimum delivery time (days): this is the maximum amount of working days before an order will reach the buyer. Please be aware that you only enter numeric values, like 1 or 2 or 5.
Today = Thursday 23-04
Min. delivery time = 1
Max. delivery time = 2
Result: the offer will be listed with a delivery date of Friday 24 - Monday 27 April
- Price before (re)price rules: this is where you set the actual sell price for Real.
- Condition: while optional, you can use this to set the condition of your product. By default, this will be set to 'new', but there are some values possible for used products as well.
- Shipping group: this is an optional setting and only necessary to use if you have set up multiple Shipping groups in Real. To set these up, go to your Real.de seller page > Händlereindstellungen > Versandeinstellungen.
Please note: the shipping group name can only contain lowercase letters, numbers, hyphens, underscores and periods. Umlauts and ß are not permitted.
Carrier mapping for Real is mandatory! Real.de uses a standard list of accepted carriers which can be viewed through the carrier mappings or in Reals API documentation. If you use a carrier that isn't listed, please map that name to 'Other' or 'OtherHauler'.
Please note that PostNL's carrier designation is still 'TNT' as is common on more marketplaces. If you use some unknown shipping method and don't map it to an allowed value, your orders will not be set to 'completed' on Real and the shipment(s) will be set to status ERROR.
Unless you have an input currency other then EUR, you don't need to set up currency conversion. No repricing is possible for Real.de
Should you have problems with products not appearing on Real.de (especially if you are using the content connection), you can always check the ListedProduct section for more information. However, different as with most other marketplaces, the product status is NOT the status for your offer but for the content exported.
So even though the product may be marked as 'Published', this does not necessarily mean that the product is online for sell on Real.de, but that the product content has been approved and is processed. Real.de currently does not has an offer endpoint to fetch the offer status and this is also the reason that the price and stock columns will always remain empty.
If you do want to check if a product is listed or not and why you can consult the Real.de seller backend ( https://www.real.de/seller). Navigate to 'Meine Angebote' > 'Angebote per Datei verwalten' (My offers > Manage offers manually). There you will see the last 10 uploaded update files, how many lines they contain, when they were processed and the last column is for the status and will show any processing errors.
Click ' Fehlermeldungen anzeigen' (Show error messages) to see the products with an error and the reason for the error.
Errors when creating content:
In the ListedProduct overview, you can see (short) errors messages if we fail to create an offer or product. For detailed error information, however, you can consult the reports in the Real.de reports section ( https://www.real.de/seller/reports/).
If you pick the " Ihre angebotenen Artikel" option and generate a report (this can take a while), you can see possible issues during the import of the product data. With this report, you can correct the errors for the next upload of product data.
The next columns are important:
- ean: Unique identification number use to place products on real.de.
- name_attribute: Attribute of which the value is refused or changed.
- status: Describes in what degree changes have been processed. Important statuses are:
- Refused: The change is not accepted as the current value has a better data quality.
- Declined: The supplied value is not allowed and will not be displayed on the product page.
- Transformed / modified: Certain values will automatically be changed by our system. This can be things like a change of spelling or changing an HTML-tag.
- type_hook: Described the change. Example: tags. At this time the HTML-tags were automatically changed by our system.
If you have questions in regard to product creation on Real, you can contact them via email@example.com or + 49 221-97597979