Commercial info / Quick info
|Visitors per month||~ 19 million|
|Commission||€39,95 each month + percentage (6,5 - 12,5%, depending on the category)|
|Payment:|| ~ 21 days after shipment
| Product categories:
||40+ - Electronics, domestic appliances, toys, clothing etc|
|Input language (titles + descriptions):||German|
How to request an account + costs
Real.de is a partially open marketplace. A seller can easily create an account but there are some requirements for becoming a seller:
- A seller is required to have their main office in the EU or Switzerland, small unregistered companies will be refused.
- Real.de maintains strict requirements regarding customer service. Because Real.de is a German marketplace, it is expected that all communication is performed in German. This means that product information has to be provided in German and that customer support inquiries also have to be answered in German. Not meeting these requirements might mean being removed from the Real.de marketplace.
- Real.de also maintains a very strict policy in regard to cancellations. If the percentage of cancellations is between 1% and 2,99%, you will be fined with 5% of the total amount of the cancelled transactions. If the cancel rate is 3% or higher you will be fined 10% of the total amount of cancelled transactions and Real.de might cancel your account if this occurs more than once.
If you feel you can meet these terms and conditions, you can create an account for Real here. Real charges a monthly fee of 39,95 per month, next to the commission on sold products (percentage depending on the type of product). Specific commission percentages can be found here. During the account creation you can set up your own 'shop' in Real with your own company logo and the option to set promotions. To include a link to your own website, you will be charged an additional monthly fee of €9,95.
| Product offers (EAN / GTIN matching)
|Product content (new products)||External fulfillment|
|Orders||Product variations (sizes / colors)|
Setting up Real.de
Setting up every channel in ChannelEngine follows the same steps / flow:
- Adding the channel
- Filling in the required settings on the 'Setup' tab
- Creating a product selection
- Categorizing the selected products (necessary for creating new content on channels)
- Setting up the mapping (content / offer / carrier)
- Configuring the pricing (applying price rules / currency conversion / automatic repricing)
- Activating the channel (this enables all tasks like exporting product information and importing orders)
- The 'Listed Product' overview (here you can see the status of a product, what we exported and the response from the channel).
Specific Real.de settings / configuration
ChannelEngine requires both a public and private API-key in order to communicate with Real. You can retrieve these API keys from https://www.real.de/seller/apisettings/
Please 'map' your own categories to the category list from Real. Please note that their category list is in German and no English variant is available, so you might need a tool like Google translate for finding the right category if you do not speak German.
In comparison with other channels, Real.de does not have a lot of requires product attributes. The only attributes that are always mandatory for creating content, are ' Description' (Beschreibung), 'Product Image' (Bild), EAN, 'Manufacturer' (Hersteller) and 'Product Name' (Titel). Some categories do have some additional requires attributes and to approve conversion it is strongly advised to supply (map) as many content as possible.
You can find detailed content guidelines for Real.de on their website: https://www.real.de/produktdaten/guideline/.
Don't forget to configure your shipping time. Real.de has quite an odd list of allowed values: 0 days, 3 days, 6 days, 10 days, 14 days, 24 days, 30 days, 45 days, 60 days or unknown). A value of 0 days means the order will be delivered the next working day.
Real.de uses a standard list of accepted carriers which can be viewed through the carrier mappings or in Reals API documentation. If you use a carrier that isn't listed, please map that name to 'Other' or 'OtherHauler'. Please note that PostNL's carrier designation is still 'TNT' as is common on more marketplaces. If you use some unknown shipping method and don't map it to an allowed value, your orders will not be set to 'completed' on Real.
Unless you have an input currency other then EUR, you don't need to set up currency conversion.
Real.de - Frequently Asked Questions and channel specifics
https://www.real.de/seller/shipping-groups/ - Shipping groups currently can not yet be set through ChannelEngine, we will use the default shipping group.
Errors when creating content:
In the ListedProduct overview you can see (short) errors messages if we fail to create an offer or product. For detailed error information however, you can consult the reports in Real.de ( https://www.real.de/seller/reports/).
If you pick the " Ihre angebotenen Artikel" option and generate a report (this can take a while), you can see possible issues during the import of the product data. With this report you can correct there errors for the next upload of product data.
The next columns are important:
- ean: Unique identification number use to place products on real.de.
- name_attribute: Attribute of which the value is refused or changed.
- status: Describes in what degree changes have been processed. Important statuses are:
- Refused: The change is not accepted as the current value has a better data quality.
- Declined: The supplied value is not allowed and will not be displayed on the product page.
- Transformed / modified: Certain values will automatically be changed by our system. This can be things like a change of spelling or changing a HTML-tag.
- type_hook: Described the change. Example: tags. At this time the HTML-tags were automatically changed by our system.
If you have questions in regard to product creation on Real, you can contact them via email@example.com or + 49 221-97597979